To create significant international and local impact on interdisciplinary environmental education and research.
The Division strives to foster collaboration among students and faculty members , enabling them to address relevant science, technology and policy issues in environmental education. Our specific goals are to:
- Provide rigorous and inquiry-based education for students to solve complex environmental problems that involve scientific, technological, societal, regulatory, and business issues.
- Enhance university students’ awareness about the environment by offering general environmental courses.
- Engage in interdisciplinary environmental research that is academically challenging and has high potential impact in Hong Kong and the region, with an initial focus on atmospheric and oceanographic research with policy implications.
The Division of Environment has three research themes as follows:
- Air and water, including interrelations with climate change.
- Environmental changes on regional and local scales, and their global interrelations.
- Economic and social impacts and solutions for environmental problems.