Laurence L DELINA
Ph.D. (2016) , University of New South Wales (UNSW Australia)
Assistant Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Tel: (852) 3469 2555
Fax: (852) 2335 9317
Office: Room 4357 (lifts 13/15)
- Accelerating just energy transitions
- International development, particularly Southeast Asia
- Mobilization for climate action
- Rapid mitigation to global climate change
- Delina, LL (2019). Emancipatory Climate Actions: Strategies from Histories. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Delina, LL (2018). Climate Actions: Transformative Mechanisms for Effective Social Mobilisations. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Delina, LL (2017). Accelerating Sustainable Energy Transition(s) in Developing Countries: The Challenges of Climate Change and Sustainable Development. New York: Routledge.
- Delina, LL (2016). Strategies for Rapid Climate Mitigation: War Mobilisation as Model for Action? Abingdon, New York: Routledge.
- Delina, L. (2021) Southeast Asian expert perceptions of solar radiation management techniques and carbon dioxide removal approaches: caution, ambivalence, risk precaution, and research directions, Environmental Research Communications doi:10.1088/2515-7620/ac3dc1
- Delina, L. (2021). Co-producing just energy transition in rural communities: Sociotechnical innovation and sustainable development in the Thailand-Myanmar border, Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability doi:10.1080/13549839.2021.1997964
- Delina, L. (2021) Committing to coal? Scripts, sociotechnical imaginaries, and the resurgence of a coal regime in the Philippines, Energy Research & Social Science 81:102558 doi:10.1016/j.esr.2021.102558
- Delina, L., Josephine Dionisio, Jergil Gyle Gavieres, and Joey Ocon (2021) Challenges and policy options for harnessing renewable energy-based social networks for renewable energy electrification of small off-grid islands, Philippine Journal of Public Policy: Interdisciplinary Development Perspectives vol. 2021:169-180 doi:10.54096/FRDJ1575
- Kristiana Santos and Delina, L. (2021) Soaring sustainably: Promoting the uptake of sustainable aviation fuels during and post-pandemic, Energy Research & Social Science 77:102074. doi:10.1016/j.esr.2021.102074
- Jens Marquardt and Delina, L. (2021). Making time, making politics: Problematizing temporality in energy and climate studies, Energy Research & Social Science 76:102073. doi:10.1016/j.esr.2021.102073
- Delina, L. (2021) Participation in non-democracies: Rural Thailand as a site of energy democracy. In Andrea Feldpaush-Parker, Tarla Rai Peterson, and Danielle Endres (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of Energy Democracy, New York: Routledge. In press.
- Delina, L. (2021) Promises and pitfalls of China-Southeast Asia energy connectivity, Energy Strategy Reviews 33:100574. doi:10.1016/j.esr.2020.100574
- Delina, L. (2021) Topographies of coal mining dissent: Power, politics and protests in southern Philippines, World Development, 137:105194. doi:10.1016/j.worlddev.2020.105194
- Delina, L. (2021) Mobilising in a climate shock: Geoengineering or accelerated energy transitions? In J.P. Sapinski, Holly Jean Buck, and Andreas Malm (Eds.), Has It Come To This? Promises and Perils of Geoengineering on the Brink, Rutgers: Rutgers University Press.
- Delina, L. (2020) Government leadership and social mobilisation for crises planning: From wartime mobilisation to pandemic response to climate action, Academia Letters, Article 22.
- Delina, L. (2020) Potentials and critiques of building a Southeast Asian interdisciplinary knowledge community on critical geoengineering studies, Climatic Change, 163(2): 973-987.
- Delina, L., Joey Ocon and Eugene Esparcia Jr. (2020) What makes energy systems in climate-vulnerable islands resilient? Insights from the Philippines and Thailand, Energy Research and Social Science, 69: 10173. doi:10.1016/j.erss.2020.10173
- Delina, L.L. (2020) Climate mobilizations and democracy: The promise of community energy transitions in a deliberative system. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning 22:30-42. doi:10.1080/1523908X.2018.1525287.
- Delina, L.L. (2020) Indigenous environmental defenders and the legacy of Macli-ing Dulag: Anti-dam dissent, assassinations, and protests in the making of Philippine energyscape, Energy Research & Social Science 65:101463. doi:10.1016/j.erss.2020.101463
- Delina, L.L. (2020) A rural energy collaboratory: Co-production in Thailand’s community energy experiments, Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences 10: 83-90. doi:10.1007/s13412-019-00572-x.
- Delina, LL (2019) ICTs for delivering climate-development strategies: an informational governance framework for local climate-development organizations, Climate and Development, DOI: 10.1080/17565529.2019.1671784
- Sander Chan… Delina, LL, et al. (2019). Promises and risks of nonstate action in climate and sustainability governance, WIREs Climate Change, e572.
- Jens Marquardt and Delina, LL (2019). Reimagining energy futures: Contributions from community sustainable energy initiatives in the Philippines and Thailand, Energy Research and Social Science 49: 91-102.
- Delina, LL (2018), Climate mobilizations and democracy: The promise of community energy transitions in a deliberative system. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning. 1-13.
- Delina, LL and Benjamin K. Sovacool (2018). Of temporality and plurality: An epistemic and governance agenda for accelerating just transitions for energy access and sustainable development. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 34: 1-6.
- Delina, LL (2018). Energy democracy in a continuum: The remaking of public engagement on energy transitions in Thailand. Energy Research and Social Science 42: 53-60.
- Delina, LL and Rufa Cagoco-Guiam (2018). Extreme weather event-social conflict nexus in the Philippines. Journal of Peacebuilding and Development 13: 90-95.
- Delina, LL (2018). Can energy democracy thrive in a non-democracy? Frontiers in Environmental Science 6:5.
- Delina, LL and Anthony Janetos (2018). Cosmopolitan, dynamic and contested energy futures: Navigating the pluralities and polarities of the energy systems of tomorrow. Energy Research and Social Science 35: 1-10.
- Delina, LL (2018). Whose and what futures? Navigating the contested coproduction of Thailand’s energy sociotechnical imaginaries. Energy Research and Social Science 35: 48-56.
- Delina, LL (2017). Multilateral development banking in a fragmented climate finance system: Shifting allocation priorities at Asian Development Bank. International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics 17(1): 73-88.
- Delina, LL and Mark Diesendorf (2016). Strengthening the climate action movement: Strategies from contemporary social action campaigns. Interface 8(1): 117-141.