Adjunct Assistant Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Office: Rm 4412(lift 17/18)
- Field and laboratory measurements of aerosol pollutants;
- Method development for detecting and quantifying organics in atmospheric particles;
- Chemical processes of aerosol particles in the atmosphere;
- Source analysis of air pollutants.
- Wong, Y. K., X. H. H. Huang, P. K. K. Louie, A. L. C. Yu, D. H. L. Chan, and J. Z. Yu* (2020), Tracking separate contributions of diesel and gasoline vehicles to roadside PM2.5 through online monitoring of volatile organic compounds and PM2.5 organic and elemental carbon: a 6-year study in Hong Kong, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 20, 9871-9882.
- He, X., Q. Wang, X. H. H. Huang, D. D. Huang, M. Zhou, L. Qiao, S. Zhu, Y. Ma, H. Wang, L. Li, C. Huang, W. Xu, D. R. Worsnop, A. H. Goldstein, and J. Z. Yu* (2020), Hourly measurements of organic molecular markers in urban Shanghai, China: Observation of enhanced formation of secondary organic aerosol during particulate matter episodic periods, Atmospheric Environment, 240, 117807.
- Wong, Y. K., X. H. H. Huang, Y. Y. Cheng, P. K. K. Louie, A. L. C. Yu, A. W. Y. Tang, D. H. L. Chan, and J. Z. Yu* (2019), Estimating contributions of vehicular emissions to PM2.5 in a roadside environment: A multiple approach study, Science of The Total Environment, 672, 776-788.
- Wang, Q., X. H. H. Huang*, F. C. V. Tam, X. Zhang, K. M. Liu, C. Yeung, Y. Feng, Y. Y. Cheng, Y. K. Wong, W. M. Ng, C. Wu, Q. Zhang, T. Zhang, N. T. Lau, Z. Yuan, A. K. H. Lau, and J. Z. Yu* (2019), Source apportionment of fine particulate matter in Macao, China with and without organic tracers: A comparative study using positive matrix factorization, Atmospheric Environment, 198, 183-193.
- He, X., X. H. H. Huang, K. S. Chow, Q. Wang, T. Zhang, D. Wu, and J. Z. Yu* (2018), Abundance and sources of phthalic acids, benzene-tricarboxylic acids, and phenolic acids in PM2.5 at urban and suburban sites in Southern China, ACS Earth and Space Chemistry, 2, 147-158.
- Wang, Q., X. He, X. H. H. Huang, S. M. Griffith, Y. Feng, T. Zhang, Q. Zhang, D. Wu, and J. Z. Yu* (2017), Impact of secondary organic aerosol tracers on tracer-based source apportionment of organic carbon and PM2.5: A case study in the Pearl River Delta, China, ACS Earth and Space Chemistry, 1, 562-571.
- Wang, Y., J. Ren, X. H. H. Huang, R. Tong*, and J. Z. Yu* (2017), Synthesis of four monoterpene-derived organosulfates and their quantification in atmospheric aerosol samples, Environmental Science and Technology, 51, 6791-6801.
- Li, Y., X. H. H. Huang, S. M. Griffith, C. Wu, A. K. H. Lau, and J. Z. Yu* (2016), Quantifying the relationship between visibility degradation and PM2.5 constituents at a suburban site in Hong Kong: Differentiating contributions from hydrophilic and hydrophobic organic compounds, Science of the Total Environment, 575, 1571-1581.
- Wang, Q., Y. Feng, X. H. H. Huang, S. M. Griffith, T. Zhang, Q. Zhang, D. Wu, and J. Z. Yu* (2016), Nonpolar organic compounds as PM2.5 source tracers: Investigation of their sources and degradation in the Pearl River Delta, China, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmosphere, 121, 11,862-11,879, doi:10.1002/2016JD025315.
- Chow, K. S., X. H. H. Huang*, and J. Z. Yu* (2015), Quantification of nitroaromatic compounds in atmospheric fine particulate matter in Hong Kong over three years: Field measurement evidence for secondary formation derived from biomass burning emissions, Environmental Chemistry, 13, 665-673.
- Huang, X. H. H., Q. J. Bian, P. K. K. Louie and J. Z. Yu* (2014), Contributions of vehicular carbonaceous aerosols to PM2.5 in a roadside environment in Hong Kong, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 14, 9279-9293.
- Huang, X. H. H., Q. J. Bian, W. M. Ng, P. K. K. Louie and J. Z. Yu* (2014), Characterization of PM2.5 major components and source investigation in suburban Hong Kong: a one-year monitoring study, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 14, 237-250.