Research Assistant Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Tel: (852) 3469 2556
Office: Rm 4374 (lift 13-15)
- Aerosol and trace gas
- Air pollution and health
- Lidar remote sensing
- Satellite remote sensing
- Lin CQ, Leung KKM, Yu ALC, Tsang RCW, Tsui BC, Fung JCH, Ng KW, Cheung SL, Tang WY, Ning Z, Li Y, Zhang T, Lau AKH* (2021), Effects of Synoptic Patterns on the Vertical Structure of Ozone in Hong Kong Using Lidar Measurement, Atmospheric Environment, 257, 118490.
- Lin CQ, Lau AKH*, Fung JCH, Song Y, Li Y, Tao M, Lu X, Ma J, Lao XQ (2021). Removing the effects of meteorological factors on changes in nitrogen dioxide and ozone concentrations in China from 2013 to 2020. Science of the Total Environment.
- Song Y, Lin CQ*, Li Y*, Lau AKH, Fung JCH, Lu X, Guo C, Ma J, Lao XQ (2021). An improved decomposition method to differentiate meteorological and anthropogenic effects on air pollution: a national study in China during the COVID-19 lockdown period. Atmospheric Environment, 250, 118270.
- Song Y, Li Y*, Lin CQ*, Lau AKH (2021), A Multi-Dimensional Decomposition Method of the Meteorology-driven and Emission-driven Effects on Year-to-year Air Quality Variations, Earth and Space Science, doi: 10.1029/2020EA001424.
- Guo C, Yang H, Chang L, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Tam T, Lau AKH, Hoek G, Lao XQ (2021), Habitual exercise is associated with reduced risk of diabetes regardless of air pollution: A longitudinal cohort study. Diabetologia, 64, 1298–1308.
- Bo Y, Brook JR, Lin CQ, Chang L, Guo C, Zeng Y, Yu Z, Tam T, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2021), Reduced Ambient PM2.5 Was Associated with a Decreased Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease: A Longitudinal Cohort Study, Environmental Science & Technology, 55, 10, 6876–6883.
- Woo KS, Chook P, Hu YJ, Lao XQ, Lin CQ, Lee PWA, Kwok CYT, Wei AN, Guo DS, Yin YH, Lau KHA, Leung KS, Leung Y, Celermajer DS (2021). The impact of particulate matter air pollution (PM2.5) on atherosclerosis in modernizing China: a report from the CATHAY study, International Journal of Epidemiology, 50(2), 578–588.
- Guo C, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Li H, Zeng Y, Zhang Y, Hossain MS, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Kwok K, Wong SYS, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2021). Meteorological factors and COVID-19 incidence in 190 countries: an observational study, Science of the Total Environment, 757, 143783.
- Bo Y, Guo C, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Li H, Zhang Y, Hossain MS, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Kwok K, Wong SYS, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2021). Effectiveness of non-pharmaceutical interventions on COVID-19 transmission in 190 countries from 23 January to 13 April 2020. International Journal of Infectious Diseases, 102, 247-253.
- Chuang YH, Lin IF, Lao XQ, Lin CQ, Chan TC (2021). The Association between Renal Function Decline and the Incidence of Urothelial Carcinoma: A 16-year Retrospective Cohort Study in Taiwan. European Urology Open Science, 27, 1-9.
- Bo Y, Chang L, Guo C, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Tam T, Yeoh EK, Lao XQ (2021), Reduced ambient PM2.5, better plasma glucose level, and decreased risk of type 2 diabetes in adults: a longitudinal cohort study. American Journal of Epidemiology, doi: 10.1093/aje/kwab159.
- Woo KS, Timothy KCY, Chook P, Hu YJ, Yin YH, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Lee PWA, Celermajer DS (2021), Independent Effects of Metabolic Syndrome and Air Pollution (PM2.5) on Atherosclerosis in Modernizing China. Austin Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, 8(2), 1097.
- Guo C, Chan SHT, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Bo Y, Zhang Y, Hossain MS, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Lao AKH, Lao XQ (2021), Physical distancing implementation, ambient temperature and Covid-19 containment: An observational study in the United States, Science of the Total Environment, 789, 147876.
- Chen WY, Chen Y, Huang Y, Lu XC, Yu JZ, Fung JCH, Lin CQ, Yan Y, Peng L, Louie PKK, Tam F, Yue D, Lau AKH, Zhong LJ (2021), Source apportionment of fine secondary inorganic aerosol over the Pearl River Delta region using a hybrid method, Atmospheric Pollution Research, 12(5), 101061.
- Lin CQ, Lau AKH*, Lao XQ, Fung JCH, Lu X, Li Z, Ma J, Li CC, Wong AHS (2020). A novel framework for decomposing PM2.5 variation and demographic change effects on human exposure using satellite observation. Environmental Research, 182, 109120.
- Lin CQ, Lau AKH*, Fung JCH, Guo C, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Zhang Y, Bo Y, Hossain MS, Zeng Y, Lao XQ* (2020). A mechanism-based parameterisation scheme to investigate the association between transmission rate of COVID-19 and meteorological factors on plains in China. Science of the Total Environment, 737, 140348.
- Lin CQ, Labzovskii LD, Mak HWL, Fung JCH, Lau AKH, Kenea ST, Bilal M, Vande Hey JD, Lu X, Ma J (2020). Observation of PM2.5 using a combination of satellite remote sensing and low-cost sensor network in Siberian urban areas with limited reference monitoring. Atmospheric Environment, 227, 117410.
- Guo C, Zeng Y, Chang L, Yu Z, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Tam T, Lao XQ (2020). Independent and Opposing Associations of Habitual Exercise and Chronic PM2.5 Exposures on Hypertension Incidence. Circulation, 142, 645–656.
- Guo C, Bo Y, Chan TC, Zhang Z, Lin CQ, Tam T, Lau AKH, Chang L, Hoek G, Lao XQ (2020). Does fine particulate matter (PM2.5) affect the benefits of habitual physical activity on lung function in adults: a longitudinal cohort study. BMC medicine, 18, 1-15.
- Ma J, Cheng JCP, Ding Y, Chen K, Lin CQ, Jiang F (2020). Identification of the Most Influential Areas for Air Pollution Control Using XGBoost and Grid Importance Rank. Journal of Cleaner Production, 274, 122835.
- Guo C, Chan T, Teng Y, Lin CQ, Bo Y, Chang L, Lau AKH, Tam T, Wong MCS, Lao XQ (2020). Long-term exposure to ambient fine particles and gastrointestinal cancer mortality in Taiwan: A cohort study. Environment International, 138, 105640.
- Ma J, Li Z., Cheng JCP, Ding Y, Lin CQ, Xu Z (2020). Air quality prediction at new stations using spatially transferred bi-directional long short-term memory network. Science of the Total Environment, 705, 135771.
- Lu X, Chen Y, Huang Y, Chen D, Shen J, Lin CQ, Li Z, Fung JCH, Lau AKH (2020). Exposure and mortality apportionment of PM2.5 between 2006 and 2015 over the Pearl River Delta region in southern China. Atmospheric Environment, 231, 117512.
- Ma J, Cheng JCP, Ding Y, Lin CQ, Jiang F, Wang M, Zhai C (2020). Transfer learning for long-interval consecutive missing values imputation without external features in air pollution time series. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 44, 101092.