Bachelor of Science in
Environmental Management and Technology (EVMT)
FAQ & Important Notes
- When should I apply for exchange?
Normally, one year before the semester that you would like to go on exchange. Updated exchange information will be sent to you via email from time to time.
- Which is the most appropriate year for 3Y and 4Y students to go on exchange?
EVMT students Year of Studies 3Y students Year 2 Spring / Year 3 Fall semester 4Y students Year 3 Fall / Spring semester
- Are IELTS / TOEFL results mandatory for application to the exchange program?
Yes, IELTS/TOEFL results are required for the international exchange program and must be obtained before your application.
- If my CGA is lower than 3.0, can I apply for the ENVR International Exchange Program?
You may still apply for the ENVR International Exchange Program but the final decision rests with the Division of Environment and the host university.
- Can I apply for the ENVR Co-curricular activities sponsorship if I am selected to go on the exchange?
No, the exchange programs are excluded from the Division Co-curricular activities sponsorship. If you need any financial support, please visit the Scholarships & Financial Aid Office (SFAO) website.
- Will interview(s) be conducted for admission to the exchange program?
Yes, applicants may be invited to attend 1-2 selection interview(s) by our Division or others Schools.
- Should I apply for the credit transfer before or after exchange out?
Applicants should write up a study plan and arrange for consultation before exchange out. They must submit the credit transfer application form with an official course grade report, the detailed course syllabus in person to the general office. For detailed procedures, please visit the Credit Transfer and Waiver section.
- Can I apply for the exchange program again if I have already gone on exchange once during my studies?
Yes, you may still apply for a second exchange opportunity but will be placed in a lower priority. Most students only go on exchange once.
- What else should I know before and during the exchange?
You may visit the Global Student Programs Office(GSPO) website or more information.
Points to note
- Students who decline an offer to the exchange program will be placed in a lower priority when he/she applies for exchange in the next exercise.
- Under normal circumstances, students can go on exchange once. They may apply for the second exchange opportunity but will be placed in a lower priority.
- Students are encouraged to have their application package (Transcript, CV, IELTS/TOEFL result, personal statement, recommendation letter etc.) readily available at all times as exchange opportunities may arise from time to time.
- Those who wish to request reference letters from ENVR Faculty members to support their exchange application should submit the request to the Faculty member directly. Once obtained, the reference letter should be sent to Miss Sharon Chong of ENVR for inclusion in your application package to the host institution.
- Students are advised to check their email everyday for updates about exchange programs.
- For enquiries, please contact Miss Sharon Chong (2358 8363 / email@example.com )